4 oz (100g) plain flour
4 oz (100g) wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 oz (25g) caster sugar
1 oz (25g) butter
2 oz (50g) dates, chopped
1/4 pt (150ml) milk
1. Sift the flours into a bowl and add all dry ingredients.
2. Rub in butter to resemble breadcrumbs and add dates.
3. Add sufficient milk to form a soft dough.
4. Knead and roll out on a floured board to 3/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a 2″ cutter and place on a baking tray.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 230°C/450°F/Gas 8 for 10-12 minutes.
C. Reid, Lochs, Lewis