3 medium-sized leeks
2 oz/50g butter
3 medium potatoes, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 ½ pt/850ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
¼ pt/150ml double cream
chives or spring onions, as garnish
1. Wash and chop white parts of leeks only.
2. Melt butter in pan and cook leeks slowly for 10-15 minutes without letting them brown.
3. Add potatoes, green pepper and stock.
4. Season, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
5. Liquidise and add cream.
6. Serve chilled, garnished with chives or finely cut spring onions.
Note: Can reheat and serve hot, but do not boil.
George Fraser, Kingussie