8 oz (225g) cauliflower florets
8 oz (225g) broccoli florets
2 oz (50g) frozen peas
1 red pepper, diced
1 leek, chopped
½ oz (40g) margarine
1 1/2 oz (40g) plain flour
3/4 pt (425ml) milk
tsp French mustard
salt and pepper
3 oz (75g) brown breadcrumbs
3 oz (75g) oatflakes
3 oz (75g) margarine
3 oz (75g) cheddar cheese, grated
1. Boil cauliflower and broccoli for 5 minutes.
2. Add peas, pepper and leek and boil for a further 4 minutes, then drain well.
3. Melt margarine, add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add milk, bring to boil, stirring to make sauce.
5. Season sauce, add mustard and fold in vegetables.
6. Pour into an ovenproof dish and cover with crumble.
7. Cook in a pre-heated oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 15-20 minutes.
1. Mix breadcrumbs and oatflakes and rub in margarine.
2. Stir in cheese and use mixture to cover vegetables.