Turkey with Mushroom and Coriander
2 tblsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 carrot, diced
11/2 lb/700g turkey breast, diced
2 tsp ground coriander
9 fl oz/295g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
8 oz/225g mushrooms, sliced
ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in pan and sauté onions, garlic and carrot for 5 minutes.
2. Add turkey and brown over a gentle heat.
3. Stir in coriander and mushroom soup. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add mushrooms and simmer for a further 20-30 minutes.
5. Just before serving, add ground black pepper to taste.
Note: The vegetables produce their own liquid, making it unnecessary to dilute the soup.
Christine Mackenzie, SOS, Glasgow