Tuna and Mushroom Lasagne
8 oz (225g) mushrooms, sliced
3 oz (75g) butter
2 oz (50g) plain flour
1 1/2 pts (900ml) milk
2 x 8 oz (225g) tins tuna, drained
salt and pepper
juice 1/2 lemon
3 oz (75g) cheese, grated
1. Sauté mushrooms in butter, add flour, stir over heat for 1 minute.
2. Add milk gradually, removing from heat when sauce bubbles.
3. Stir in tuna, seasoning and juice.
4. Spoon some sauce into greased ovenproof dish, then place on top a sheet of lasagne which has been dipped in hot water.
5. Continue to layer sauce and lasagne, ending with sauce.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes.
Fiona MacKeddie, Maryburgh