Tomato and Prawn Pasta Bake
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 10-15 minutes
1 lb 2 oz/500g spiral pasta
2 tblsp olive oil
2 ½ oz/60g butter
2 leeks, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tblsp chopped fresh oregano
2 x 14 oz/400g cans tomatoes
3 tblsp dry sherry
2 lb 3 oz/1kg uncooked prawns, shelled & chopped
7 oz/200g cheese, crumbled
1. Cook pasta as instructed on packet.
2. Heat oil in pan with butter and add leeks, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring until leeks are soft, then add oregano.
3. Add undrained tomatoes, sherry and prawns and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute.
4. Spoon pasta into greased oven-proof dish. Top with prawn mixture.
5. Sprinkle with cheese. Just before serving bake in oven until cheese is browned and pasta heated through. Serve immediately.