4 oz (100g) margarine
6 oz (175g) dried fruit
4 oz (100g) sugar
1/2 pt (300ml) tea
9 oz (250g) S. R. flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp mixed spice
1. Put margarine, fruit, sugar and tea in a pan.
2. Bring slowly to boil, simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
3. Add sieved flour, bicarbonate of soda and spice to cooled mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into a greased and base-lined 2 lb loaf tin.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 1 – 11/4 hours.
Ruth Burke, Knock E.P.C., N. Ireland