Tallarines Verdes (Green Spaghetti)
12 oz (350g) spaghetti
8 oz (225g) spinach
1/2 large tin evaporated milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 oz (225g) cottage cheese
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tblsp onion, chopped
1 tblsp salted peanuts
1/2 tsp basil
salt and pepper
1. Boil spaghetti in plenty salted water and a little oil.
2. Remove stalks from spinach, boil in very little water for 1 minute and strain well.
3. Place milk in food processor, add garlic, cheese and chilli powder and blend.
4. Add spinach, then onion, nuts and basil and season to taste.
5. Strain spaghetti well when cooked.
6. Combine sauce and spaghetti in a large pan, heat and serve.
Gillian Silva, London