Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and Stilton
1 lb/450g tagliatelle verdi
3 oz/75g button mushrooms
6 oz/175g Stilton or Gruyère cheese
½ oz/35g butter
2 small cloves garlic, crushed
10 fl oz/300ml double cream
1. Cook tagliatelle as per instructions on packet.
2. Thinly slice mushrooms and crumble/grate cheese.
3. Melt butter in saucepan, add garlic and stir in mushrooms.
4. Add double cream and heat gently, but do not boil. Mixture will be quite runny.
5. Add cheese and heat through.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to blender. Blend for 1 minute.
7. Drain pasta, return to pan, add sauce and stir.
8. Place in serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Margaret M Mackay, Bettyhill