Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
4 spare rib pork chops
8 oz (225g) long grained rice, cooked
1 oz (25g) margarine
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
7 oz (200g) tin pineapple, chopped
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tblsp demerara sugar
2 tblsp tomato ketchup
1 tblsp sweet chutney
2 tblsp malt vinegar
1 tblsp cornflour
½ tsp salt
1. Melt margarine in a saucepan and fry onion and pepper for 3 minutes.
2. Strain pineapple juice and make up to 1/2 pint with water.
3. Add pineapple and juice to pan.
4. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, sugar, ketchup and chutney.
5. Blend together vinegar and cornflour and add to pan with salt.
6. Bring to boil, stirring and cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour sauce into a 2 pint casserole and arrange chops on top.
8. Cover and cook in a pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 1 hour, removing lid for last 15 minutes.
9. Serve chops on warm serving dish, surrounded with rice and covered with sauce. Put remaining sauce in sauce boat.