Sweet and Sour Apricot Chicken
Pre-heat oven to: 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
Time in oven: 30-40 minutes
2 tblsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
ground black pepper
4 skinned chicken breasts
4 oz/110g ‘ready to eat’ dried apricots
7 fl oz/200ml pure orange juice
1 tblsp cider vinegar
1 level tsp brown sugar
½ level tsp ground ginger
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
1. Mix lemon juice with olive oil and 1 clove garlic. Season with black pepper.
2. Put chicken in a dish, pour on lemon marinade and turn chicken breasts until coated in marinade.
3. Cover and leave in fridge for 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
4. Simmer apricots in orange juice for 5-10 minutes until tender.
5. Stir in sugar, ginger, mustard, vinegar and remaining clove of garlic.
6. Simmer for a further minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and liquidise.
7. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in oven-proof dish.
8. Pour apricot glaze over chicken breasts and cover with lid.
9. Bake in oven, turning chicken occasionally.
10. Serve with Basmati and wild rice, mangetout and grilled tomatoes.