6-8 trout (remove head, fins and back-bone)
4 oz (100g) onion, roughly chopped
3 tblsp oil
1/2 oz (15g) fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
1 lb (450g) ripe dessert pears, peeled and chopped
3 oz course oatmeal
1 tsp vinegar
salt and pepper
2 tsp ginger wine
3 tblsp water
1. Sauté onion in oil until soft, then add ginger, pears and oatmeal to pan and stir on low heat for 1 minute.
2. Add vinegar and seasoning and leave to cool.
3. Divide pear mixture between fish, folding each one over stuffing.
4. Place in ovenproof dish, pour over ginger wine with 3 tblsp water and cover with foil.
5. Cook in pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 25-30 minutes.
6. Serve garnished with parsley.
Chrissie Ann MacLeod, Lochs, Lewis