Sticky Gingerbread (2)
8 oz (225g) margarine
8 oz (225g) treacle
8 oz (225g) soft brown sugar
½ pt (300ml) milk, warmed
2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
12 oz (350g) plain flour
2 level dsp ginger
3 level dsp cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1. Melt margarine, treacle and sugar in a pan.
2. Pour warmed milk over bicarbonate of soda in a jug.
3. Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and add milk and eggs.
4. Add melted ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into a lined 7.5″ x 11.5″ tin.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 1.5 hours, covering with greaseproof paper after 30 minutes.
E. A. MacRae, Lochcarron