Sticky Chicken Thighs
Pre-heat oven to: 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
Time in oven: 35-40 minutes
2 oz/50g butter
3 level tsp honey
2 large garlic cloves
8 plump chicken thighs
Cajun or Chinese 5 spice, optional
salt and pepper
1. Heat butter and honey over a low heat until just bubbling.
2. Cut garlic cloves into slivers.
3. Make 2 cuts in underside of each chicken thigh on both sides of the bone and insert a sliver of garlic. Carefully lift the skin on top and insert another piece of garlic.
4. Place joints in a roasting tin. Pour hot butter and honey mixture over each thigh.
5. Add spices and season well. Place in oven, basting occasionally.
6. Chicken is cooked when skin turns dark brown and juices run clear.
7. Discard fat from roasting tin, scrape up sticky syrup and drizzle a little over each thigh.