Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
4 fl oz (120ml) double cream
salt and pepper
1 tblsp olive oil
1 oz (25g) butter
7 oz (200g) streaky bacon, diced
1 lb (450g) spaghetti
4 oz (100g) cheese, grated
freshly ground pepper
1. Beat eggs and cream together with seasoning.
2. Heat oil and butter and gently fry bacon.
3. Cook spaghetti, drain, add to bacon and stir well.
4. Remove from heat and stir in eggs and cream with a small quantity of the cheese.
5. Stir gently until each strand is coated with the thick yellow cream.
6. Stir in remaining cheese and ground pepper.
7. Serve at once.
Catriona Ferguson, Tarbat, Portmahomack