11 oz (300g) caster sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
4 oz (100g) soft margarine
4 oz (100g) white vegetable fat
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs, beaten
12 oz (350g) S. R. flour
2 level tsp cream of tartar
1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix 2 tblsp caster sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon in a saucer.
2. Cream remaining caster sugar, margarine, vegetable fat and essence.
3. Add eggs and mix in flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
4. Roll mixture into small balls (1″ diameter) and toss in caster sugar and cinnamon.
5. Place about 2″ apart on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 8-10 minutes.
Note: This quantity makes 7-8 dozen light and crispy biscuits. They keep very well in an airtight tin.
Christine Davidson, Watten