Smoked Salmon & Dill Tartlets
Pre-heat oven to: 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
Time in oven: 30 minutes in total
1 lb/450g shortcrust pastry
7 oz/200g smoked salmon
2 tblsp chopped dill, plus a few sprigs
½ pt/300ml carton single cream
wedges of lime
1. Cut pastry into 6 pieces (see page 342). Roll out and line six 4″/10cm shallow tart tins. Line with round of greaseproof paper and layer of baking beans or dry pasta.
2. Set tins on baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes, take from oven and remove paper and beans.
3. Return to oven for approximately 5 minutes, until golden. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
4. Cut salmon into strips and divide among tartlets.
5. Whisk eggs and dill and whisk in cream, salt and pepper. Pour into tartlets.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until filling has set and top is pale gold.
7. Serve warm with lime wedges and dill sprigs.
8. Cool, wrap in foil and chill. If freezing, store for up to a month. Defrost before reheating.
Note: To reheat, place in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 10 minutes.