Smoked Salmon Crisps
4 large slices bread
2 tblsp milk beaten with 1 egg
2 tblsp corn oil
1 oz (25g) butter
4-6 oz (100-175g) smoked salmon
juice of ½ lemon
1. Remove crusts from bread, trim each slice into a neat square.
2. Soak in egg and milk mixture.
3. Put butter and oil in frying pan and stand over medium heat.
4. When it is hot and sizzling, reduce heat to low and add bread slices.
5. Fry until crisp and brown, drain on kitchen paper.
6. Transfer to 4 serving plates, cover with salmon, sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with watercress. Serve while bread is still warm.
C. Mackenzie, Saltcoats