Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 12 minutes
4 oz/110g plain flour
6 oz/175g white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 oz/110g brown sugar
5 oz/150g margarine
4 oz/110g porridge oats
2 oz/50g coconut
1. Sift flour, white sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Add brown sugar.
3. Rub margarine into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Mix together egg, vanilla essence, oats and coconut.
5. Add to rubbed-in mixture and mix together.
6. Roll into balls and press down on to tray with fork dipped in flour. Bake.
7. Allow to cool on tray.
Sandra Glover, Livingston