1 jam Swiss roll
14 oz (400g) tin fruit cocktail, (in natural juice)
3 tblsp sherry
2 bananas, sliced
1 pt (600ml) packet Devon custard
1/4 pt (150ml) double cream
grated chocolate or chopped nuts to decorate
1. Place slices of Swiss roll on the base of a trifle dish.
2. Mix fruit cocktail, fruit juices, sherry and bananas.
3. Pour fruit mixture over Swiss roll and cover with custard.
4. Gently whip cream (not too stiffly) and pour over custard.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours and decorate.
Susanne Beitan, Buccleuch and Greyfriars, Edinburgh