Salmon Fillets with Caramelised Onions and Basil
Pre-heat oven to: 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
Time in oven: 20-25 minutes
2 tblsp olive oil
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
generous pinch of sugar
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 oz/50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
3 oz/75g fresh white breadcrumbs
3 tblsp fresh basil, finely shredded
1 oz/25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 oz/25g butter, melted
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 salmon fillets, skinned
green beans to serve
basil leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in frying pan, add onions and sugar and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft.
2. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute more. Drain and chop sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Mix together sun-dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, fresh basil, cheese and melted butter in a bowl, making sure that breadcrumbs are coated in butter. Season well.
4. Place salmon fillets in shallow baking dish.
5. Spread onions over each fillet and press breadcrumb mixture on top.
6. Bake until salmon is tender and crust is golden and crispy.
7. Serve at once on a bed of green beans and sprinkle with basil.