Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 30-35 minutes
6 oz/175g S.R. flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 oz/110g caster sugar
1 large egg
4 oz/110g unsalted butter, melted
7 fl oz/200ml full cream milk or buttermilk
5 oz/150g fresh or frozen raspberries
4 oz/110g icing sugar
3 oz/75g S.R. flour
3 oz/75g unsalted butter, melted
1. Line muffin tray with 10 muffin cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in sugar.
3. Add egg, melted butter and milk and stir until combined. The mixture should be lumpy.
4. Fold in raspberries with a large spoon.
5. For the topping, sift icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in flour. Rub in butter until large crumbs form.
6. Spoon muffin batter into each case and drop streusel topping on top of each muffin.
7. Bake until muffins are well risen and golden brown.
8. Serve warm or cold.