Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 35 minutes
6 oz/175g butter, soft
6 oz/175g soft brown sugar
6 oz/175g S.R. flour
6 oz/175g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp milk
10 oz/275g raspberries
1. Line the base of a 9″/23cm spring form cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients except raspberries and icing sugar in a processor.
3. Blend until smooth or mix thoroughly by hand.
4. Spread half the mixture in base of tin.
5. Spoon over raspberries.
6. Cover with remaining cake mix.
7. Bake in oven until firm to the touch.
8. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from tin.
9. Dust with icing sugar.
10. Serve warm with ice cream and raspberry coulis (see page 180).
Nan Ferguson, Ness, Lewis