Quick Fish Paté
2 oz/50g butter
salt and pepper
2 x 6 oz/175g cans tuna or salmon
1 clove garlic, crushed
zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 ½ oz/35g fresh breadcrumbs, optional
1. In saucepan, over low heat, gently melt butter with salt and pepper.
2. In bowl, mash tuna or salmon with fork.
3. Add crushed garlic, lemon zest and juice, melted butter and breadcrumbs.
4. Liquidise for a smoother paté if desired.
5. Transfer to serving dish, arranging peeled half slices of cucumber across top. Cover with foil or clingfilm and leave to chill in fridge for 6-8 hours.
6. Serve with lemon wedges, hot toast fingers, plain bread or crackers and a green salad.
Trish Gibbons, Lairg