Quick Beef with Macaroni
1 tblsp oil
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 lb (450g) minced beef
1 tsp dried oregano
6 oz (175g) quick cooking macaroni, cooked and drained
14 oz (400g) tin tomatoes
2 tblsp tomato purée
2 tsp paprika
3 oz (75g) cheddar cheese, sliced
1. Fry onions and garlic in oil until soft.
2. Stir in beef and fry until browned.
3. Add oregano, macaroni, tomatoes, purée, salt and paprika and bring to the boil.
4. Place in a casserole dish and arrange cheese slices on top.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 20 minutes or until browned.
Mary Murray, Partick Highland, Glasgow