Pork with Spiced Apricots
½ pt (300ml) orange juice
4 oz (100g) dried apricots
4 pork fillets or loin chops
2 tblsp olive oil
1 rounded tblsp cornflour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 pt (150ml) white wine
salt and pepper
7 oz (200g) carton soft cream cheese
1 tblsp chopped parsley or chives
1. Soak apricots overnight in orange juice.
2. Brown pork in oil and place in casserole dish.
3. Blend cornflour and cinnamon in remaining oil while gradually adding apricots and juice.
4. Bring to boil, cook until thickened, gradually adding wine and seasoning.
5. Pour sauce over meat and cook in a pre-heated oven 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 45-60 minutes.
6. Mix cream cheese and parsley together until soft and stir into casserole just before serving.
Marietta MacDonald, Carloway, Lewis