5 oz (150g) peanut butter
4 oz (100g) white vegetable fat
4 oz (100g) caster sugar
4 oz (100g) light brown sugar
9 oz (250g) plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tblsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
caster sugar for tossing
1. Cream peanut butter, fat and sugars together.
2. Add dry ingredients, egg, milk and essence and mix well to form a stiff dough.
3. Roll into small balls and toss in caster sugar.
4. Place 2″ apart on a greased baking tray.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 10 minutes.
6. Top each cookie immediately with a chocolate button, pressing down so that the cookie cracks around the edges.
Sadie Lane, Coatbridge