Pasta Twists in Chicken and Cream Sauce
6 oz (175g) pasta twists
1 tblsp oil
12 oz (350g) chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 oz (100g) mushrooms, quartered
1/2 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1/4 pt (150ml) dry white wine
1/2 pt (300ml) single cream
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to instructions.
2. Heat oil and fry chicken for 5 minutes.
3. Add onion, garlic, mushroom and pepper and lightly fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add wine and simmer for further 10 minutes.
5. Add cream and seasoning and simmer for further 10 minutes.
6. Add drained pasta twists and serve
Morag Macleod, Helmsdale