8 oz (225g) S. R. flour
3 oz (75g) caster sugar
3/4 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 level tsp cream of tartar
pinch of salt
2 eggs (size 3)
1 dsp syrup
2 tsp cooking oil
8 tblsp milk
1. Grease girdle (or non-stick pan) and pre-heat.
2. Sieve all dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Add eggs, syrup, oil and milk and beat well.
4. Bake dessert spoonful of mixture on prepared girdle, turning pancake to do under side.
5. Cool between a folded tea-towel to prevent drying out.
Note: For a lighter pancake, use 6 tblsp milk and 2 tblsp water.
Ishbel Cameron, Kyle