Oven Scones (1)
12 oz (350g) plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 dsp sugar
2 oz (50g) margarine
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Rub in margarine to resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Add egg and sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
4. Knead and roll out on a floured board to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with 2″ cutter and place on baking tray.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 230C/450F/Gas 8 for 8-10 minutes.
Note: For fruit scones add 2 oz (50g) sultanas.
G. Bremner, Wick