Oriental Duck Breast
4 duck breasts, skinned and boned
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 red peppers, cut into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
2 tsp caster sugar
3 pinches chilli powder
sea salt and pepper
8 oz/250g baby spinach
chives, chopped into 2″/5cm lengths
1 tblsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
juice of 1 lemon,
4 tblsp clear honey
3 tblsp dark soy sauce
1. Heat griddle pan and add duck. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes each side, depending on size and if rare or well done is required.
2. Heat oil in a small pan, add garlic and cook until softened. Add lemon juice, honey and soy sauce. Stir well and keep warm.
3. Heat oil in wok or large saucepan, add onion and peppers and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add sugar, chilli powder, seasoning and spinach.
5. Mix well and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
6. Remove duck to a carving board and allow to rest for a few minutes. Slice thinly.
7. Divide spinach mixture between 4 plates and arrange sliced duck on top.
8. Pour sauce over duck and garnish with chives.