6 heaped tblsp S.R. flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
4 heaped tblsp caster sugar
2 tblsp oil
2 tsp syrup
8 fl oz/250ml milk
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and add sugar.
2. Mix eggs and oil together and stir in syrup and milk.
3. Make a well in centre, stir in half milk mixture, add remainder and stir well, aiming for dropping consistency.
4. Drop mixture in spoonfuls on a greased pre-heated griddle over low heat.
5. When ready, turn over and brown second side.
6. Cool in a tea towel on cooling tray.
Jessie Mackenzie, Rosskeen