Norwegian Apple Cake
4 large Bramley apples, peeled and sliced
2 large eggs
9 oz (250g) sugar
4 oz (100g) butter
1/4 pt (150ml) single cream
6 1/2 oz (160g) S. R. flour
1. Spread the apples in an 8″ x 12″ baking tin.
2. Whisk eggs and 8 oz of the sugar until thick.
3. Bring butter and milk to the boil.
4. Pour onto the eggs and sugar and fold in the flour.
5. Pour the mixture over the apples and sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 25 minutes.
7. Can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Nancie MacLeod, Cole Abbey, London