1 oz (25g) butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 oz (100g) mushrooms, sliced
4 oz (100g) breadcrumbs
3 eggs, beaten
4 oz (100g) grated cheese
pinch of mixed herbs
5 oz (150g) tin concentrated tomato purée
1 pt (600ml) water
2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leaf
1. Melt butter in pan, gently fry onion, pepper and mushrooms.
2. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Add breadcrumbs and eggs to mixture.
4. Press into a greased loaf tin and cover with cheese and herbs.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with tomato sauce.
Mix together sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
N. Scott, Kirkcaldy