Pre-heat oven to: 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
Time in oven: 30 minutes
6 oz/175g wholemeal breadcrumbs
4 oz/110g margarine
2 oz/50g chopped mixed nuts
1 small onion grated
4 oz/110g cheese, grated
grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
1 tblsp parsley
8 oz/225g mushrooms, sliced
1 lb/450g tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and rub in 3 oz/75g of margarine.
2. Mix in nuts, onion, cheese, lemon rind and parsley.
3. Press half of this mixture into a greased casserole dish.
4. Melt remaining margarine in pan, fry mushrooms for 5 minutes and add to casserole dish.
5. Cover mushrooms with chopped tomatoes and season.
6. Add remaining mixture and press down firmly. Bake in oven.
Attie MacRae, Poolewe & Aultbea