Pre-heat oven to: 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
Time in oven: 1 hour
5 oz/150g margarine
10 oz/275g S.R. flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp sugar
8 oz/225g sultanas
1 teacup milk
4 teacups boiling water
8 oz/225g soft brown sugar
3 oz/75g margarine
1. Rub margarine into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add all other base ingredients and stir together with milk.
3. Place in a 4″/10cm deep, 9″/23cm diameter oven-proof dish.
4. Melt together sauce ingredients and pour over cake mixture.
5. Bake in oven. Serve hot with whipped cream.
C. Ross, Lochcarron