Pre-heat oven to: 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
Time in oven: 20-25minutes
10 oz/275g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
3 oz/75g fine granulated sugar
12 oz/350g mincemeat
8 fl oz/240ml milk
3 fl oz/90ml vegetable oil
3 oz/75g sultanas
icing sugar for dusting
1. Grease muffin tins or insert paper cases.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl beat egg with a fork.
4. Stir in mincemeat, milk and oil.
5. Pour liquid ingredients into dry mixture.
6. Stir until just combined and add sultanas gently. Batter will be lumpy, but no dry flour should be visible. Take care not to over-mix.
7. Fill muffin cups until ¾ full.
8. Bake until tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed gently.
9. Allow muffins to cool.
10. Sift icing sugar over tops.