Magic Lemon Pudding
2 oz (50g) margarine
4 oz (100g) caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 large lemon
2 oz (75g) S. R. flour
1/2 pt (300ml) milk
1. Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg yolks and add juice and rind of lemon.
3. Gradually add flour and then milk.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into creamed mixture.
5. Pour into a greased 1½ pint pie dish.
6. Stand dish in a roasting tin and add water to half way up.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 40-45 minutes.
8. May be served hot or cold.
Margaret MacMillan, Partick Highland, Glasgow