Jam Roly Poly
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 35-40 minutes
pinch of salt
8 oz/225g S.R. flour
4 oz/110g margarine
2 fl oz/50ml cold water
4 tblsp jam
2 oz/50g margarine
3 oz/75g sugar
6 fl oz/180ml boiling water
1. Add salt to flour and rub in margarine.
2. Add water to make stiff dough.
3. Roll on floured surface to approximately 8″ x 9.5″/20cm x 24cm and spread with jam.
4. Roll up, seal edges and place in buttered dish.
5. Melt margarine, dissolve sugar in boiling water and mix together.
6. Pour over pudding and bake. Serve with pouring custard.
Note: Syrup, marmalade or fruit purée may be used instead of jam.
Margaret Main, Burghead