6 lamb chops, trimmed
1 tblsp oil
1 lb (450g) onions, sliced
1 lb (450g) carrots, sliced
8 potatoes, sliced
1 pt (600ml) stock
salt and pepper
1 tblsp parsley, chopped
chopped chives to garnish
1. Heat oil in frying pan, brown chops and remove from pan.
2. Sauté onion and carrots.
3. Put chops, onions and carrots into an ovenproof dish.
4. Cover with potatoes, add stock and seasoning.
5. Cover and cook in pre-heated oven 160°C/325°F/Gas 4 for 2 hours.
6. Garnish and serve immediately.
Mary Murray, North Tolsta, Lewis