8 chicken thighs, skinned
8 tblsp corn oil
2 onions, sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tblsp flour
¾ pt (425ml) chicken stock
1 tblsp clear honey
1 tblsp soy sauce
1. Heat oil in large, flameproof casserole dish.
2. Brown chicken and remove from dish.
3. Brown onions, add carrot and pepper and cook until soft.
4. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add stock gradually, stir in honey and soy sauce.
6. Bring to boil, add chicken pieces.
7. Cover and cook in pre-heated oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 60-75 minutes.
Marina MacLeod, Struan, Skye