Fruit Loaf (3)
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 45 minutes
Makes: 12-20 slices
4 oz/110g butter
¼ pt/150ml water
4 oz/110g raisins
4 oz/110g sultanas
4 oz/110g caster sugar
8 oz/225g S.R. flour
2 eggs, well beaten
2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Melt butter in medium sized pan then add water, raisins and sultanas.
2. Boil for 2 minutes, add all other ingredients and mix well.
3. Place in a greased and lined 2 lb/900g loaf tin.
4. Bake in oven until well risen and top of loaf springs back when pressed gently in the middle.
5. Cool and serve, spread with butter.
M. MacKinnon, Waternish, Skye