Fricassee of Pork with Potato and Mushroom
Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 1 – 1.5 hours
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 lb/450g lean stewing pork, cubed
1 tblsp plain flour
salt and pepper
1 lb/450g potatoes, peeled and cubed
10 medium mushrooms, washed and sliced
12 fl oz/350ml dry white wine
14 fl oz/400ml chicken stock
1 tblsp cranberry jelly
3 ½ fl oz/100ml double cream
parsley to garnish
1. Heat oil in pan. Add onion and fry until golden.
2. Add pork, fry until browned, stir in flour and season.
3. Add potato, mushroom, wine and stock and bring to the boil.
4. Transfer to casserole dish, cover and cook in oven until meat is tender.
5. Remove casserole dish from oven, stir in cranberry jelly and gradually add cream.
6. Return to oven, heat through and garnish with parsley.