Custard Ice Cream
1 1/2 oz (40g) caster sugar
1 1/4 pt (750ml) milk
14 oz (400g) tin condensed milk
few drops vanilla essence
1. Beat the eggs and sugar.
2. Scald the milk and stir a little into the eggs and sugar.
3. Mix well and then add the rest of the milk.
4. Return mixture to pan and cook slowly, stirring until it coats the back of the wooden spoon.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the condensed milk and essence.
6. Pour into a 31/2 pint container, cool and freeze.
7. Allow to soften before serving with fresh fruit salad.
Andrea Murray, Partick Highland, Glasgow