4 ham steaks
1/2 oz (12g) butter
salt and pepper
2 tsp cornflour
4-5 tblsp redcurrant jelly
pinch dry mustard
pinch ground ginger
1. Place knob of butter on each steak, season and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
2. Pare several lengths of rind from orange and lemon, cut into fine strips and blanch for 5 minutes.
3. Mix cornflour in a little water and put into saucepan with juice of orange and lemon, redcurrant jelly, mustard and ginger.
4. Heat slowly, stirring until jelly melts and sauce thickens.
5. Drain rinds and add to hot sauce.
6. Place in jug and serve at once with the steaks.
Janet Morrison, Stoer