Creamy Scallops with Wild Rice
1 oz/25g wild rice
2 oz/50g long grain white rice
salt and pepper
½ oz/10g butter
1 tblsp oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 oz/50g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
1/4 tsp paprika
8 oz/225g scallops
2 fl oz/55ml dry white wine
1 tsp chopped parsley
2 fl oz/55ml double cream
1. Cook wild rice in plenty of boiling, salted water for 20 minutes and drain. Keep warm.
2. Cook long grain rice as above for 10 minutes and drain. Mix with wild rice, season to taste and keep warm.
3. Melt butter and oil in frying pan, add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in paprika and cook for further 2 minutes.
4. Add scallops, wine and parsley and simmer until scallops are tender, turning them frequently. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
5. Add cream to pan, season to taste and simmer for approximately 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Return scallops to pan and reheat.
6. Spoon mixture into centre of 4 scallop shells and arrange rice around edge to form a border.
7. Serve at once.