Creamy Corn Chowder
2 oz (50g) butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 oz (50g) plain flour
2 pts (1 litre) milk
1 chicken stock cube
11 oz (300g) tin sweetcorn
1/4 pint (150ml) single cream
4 oz (100g) cottage cheese
chopped parsley to garnish
1. Melt butter, sauté onion and celery until soft.
2. Add flour, gradually stir in milk, and add chicken stock cube.
3. Cook and stir over a medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
4. Add corn, cream and cottage cheese.
5. Reheat, but do not boil.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Janet Murchison, Buccleuch & Greyfriars, Edinburgh