Creamy Chicken Curry with Cashew Nuts
1 tblsp oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp root ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
14 fl oz/400ml can coconut milk
8 ½ fl oz/250ml chicken stock
4 cardamom pods, bruised
4-6 chicken breasts, in bite-size pieces
1 tblsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
5 oz/150g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
3 tblsp crème fraîche
1. Heat oil in large saucepan and fry onion until soft.
2. Add ginger, garlic, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and stock, stirring well.
4. Add cardamom pods and chicken pieces.
5. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
6. Add cashew nuts and crème fraîche.
7. Sprinkle on chopped coriander just before serving.