Creamy Almond Turkey
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 30 minutes
4 turkey fillets
1 oz/25g butter
2 tsp plain flour
salt and pepper
½ pt/300ml chicken stock
2 tsp tomato purée
1 oz/25g ground almonds
salt and black pepper
1 oz/25g flaked almonds
31/2 fl oz/100ml single cream
1. Fry fillets in butter in oven-proof casserole dish for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly coloured. Remove turkey fillets from casserole dish.
2. Add flour and seasoning and mix.
3. Gradually stir in stock, stirring until smooth. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato purée, ground almonds, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Return turkey fillets to casserole dish. Cover and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Place flaked almonds in a heated, ungreased frying pan. Shake over heat until almonds are light brown all over.
7. Add cream to cooked turkey and stir.
8. Sprinkle with browned almonds and serve at once.
9. Serve with green pasta and spinach or broccoli.