2 tblsp oil
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
12 oz (350g) courgettes, sliced
1 tblsp parsley, chopped
1 tblsp thyme, chopped
salt and pepper
4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
1 oz (25g) margarine
1 oz (25g) wholemeal flour
½ pt (300ml) milk
4 oz (100g) grated cheese
1 tblsp wholewheat breadcrumbs
1. Heat oil in pan, cook onions until soft.
2. Stir in garlic, courgettes, herbs and seasoning.
3. Put half of mixture into an ovenproof dish.
4. Spread with layer of tomatoes, then spoon remaining mixture on top.
5. Melt margarine in pan, add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add milk gradually, bring to boil and stir to make sauce.
7. Add half of cheese to sauce and pour over vegetable mix.
8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
9. Cook in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 30 minutes.